Cutler and Orosi are located approximately 16 miles east of State Highway 99 and 15 miles north of Visalia, the County seat. Both communities are located about a half mile apart along State Highway 63. The County operates a sheriff’s substation in Cutler and a local branch of the county library in Orosi.
In earlier days Cutler was an important shipping point for grapes, citrus, vegetables and wine. Orosi, located just south of Cutler and east of Dinuba, attracted settlers long before the railroad came through in 1888. It was open cattle rangeland prior to this period, then was largely planted to wheat that was taken to Traver for shipment to market.
Local historians say a land developer coined the town’s name of Orosi or “land of gold” in 1888 while looking out over a vast field of California poppies. Thus, the railroad stop and Orosi’s first post office, opened December 13, 1888, were named Orosi.
Today, both communities are home to agriculturally-related service commercial businesses. Taken together, the population of Cutler and Orosi is greater than the neighboring city of Dinuba.
Cutler-Orosi is located 15 minutes from the Highway 198 corridor, and 25 minutes from the Highway 99 corridor. There are many prime Agricultural and Industrial properties available in this community.